ABBA You Can Dance for the Wii= three words: What A BLAST!!
Since the dawning of Just Dance, the girls and I made a pact to get together and dance our booties off. Literally. We would meet for a morning full of coffee and dancing, and continued this tradition until my son switched schools this year.
When we were asked to host an ABBA dance party, Marissa and I LEPT at the chance to dance with the girls again.
Our friends at Clever Girls and UbiSoft sent a cool disco ball, an ABBA dance shirt, the game for us to put to great use, and a gift card for refreshments. We called the ladies and set up a PM dance party at my house, and an AM after drop-off party. We laughed like nobody's business and were able to have two very successful parties.
UbiSoft were the masterminds behind the Just Dance series, as well as many other popular "dance" video games. We love them all, but to be fair we need to make sure we list the pro's and con's of Abba You Can Dance.
- Very similar to the other "dance" games- easy to catch on.
- Up to 4 players can dance at the same time
- If 4 people are dancing, you may be dancing differently than the person next to you.
- Similar graphics make it easy to see the upcoming moves, and/or follow the on-screen dancer
- We played the Michael Jackson experience and the ABBA game on the same day- both had the same location of the points bar and the location of the "next move coming up". These are NOT the same spot as the Just Dance series, so that took some getting used to.
- We bumped into each other a few times using this program because 4 of us dance at the same time, and two of you are going one way, while the other two are going the opposite. Needless to say, this made it difficult in our tiny living room, and better at our AM party.
- As long as you know how to hold the remote "correctly" there should be no problem, but for new players to any dance type game, it may take some getting used to.
Since receiving the items, the kids have played, and enjoy it almost as much as we do! We love seeing them play to an old school group, with catchy music that brings us back down memory lane. This disc is packed with music like Dancing Queen, Fernando, Momma Mia and more!!
If you are looking for a fun way to keep your family active, or for a family holiday gift, I would definitely recommend ABBA You Can Dance, or any of the Just Dance series. You can purchase this item anywhere that video games are sold, or online at Amazon. Special thanks to our friends at UbiSoft and CleverGirls for allowing us to host this party, and for sending us this game to review.
Thank you to Ubisoft for sponsoring this blog post. Please click here to learn more about Ubisoft. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. All opinions are my own.