Sunday, March 4, 2012

Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Chops (Pork Loin)


I tweaked this recipe a little because I had a loin of pork instead of pork chops, but I've been in the mood for cranberries and ran into this recipe at MomOnDealz. It looked SO good, so I knew I had to make it!

Her recipe:
*4-5 boneless pork chops
*2 tablespoons butter
*2 tablespoons brown sugar
*1 tablespoon corn starch
*1/2 cup of dried cranberries (original called for these plus a Granny Smith apple. I didn’t have one so there was no apple in mine)
*1 cup cranberry juice (original was apple juice)
*1 teaspoon of pepper (original also called for salt, I don’t use salt in anything)
*1 tablespoon onion chopped (original called for whole onion, I don’t like onions so I cut it down in portion)
I put everything in the crockpot and cooked it on high for 4 hours.

Mine:
  • One loin of pork (approx 2 lbs)
  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 cup of dried cranberries
  • 1 cup cranberry juice
  • Salt and Pepper

It looked like this after I threw it all into the slow cooker:

I used a liner, (because this preggo mama is feeling like her hips are going to explode today), so I can have an easy and quick clean-up. I'm cooking it on high for about 4 hours. I may lower it.. Depending on how hungry the troops are in an hour or so. I'm planning on serving this yummy smelling meal with stuffing and corn; thanksgiving-with-a-twist style.

*****************************************
Oh-my-gosh! Totally yummy!!! I will be making this again sometime soon, but next time I will add more cranberry juice and a granny smith apple. I will also put the cranberries in last, because the ones that were on the top tasted really yummy, and the ones in the "gravy" were ok, but I really preferred the ones on top. 






0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom