Friday, June 8, 2012

Wholesome Nutrition in NEW Quaker Soft Baked Bars

This post brought to you by Quaker Oats. All opinions are 100% mine.

As a new mom, I am looking for delicious and nutritious snack ideas that I can take with me on the go, or just grab when I'm too exhausted to move. Lately, that's been often, especially since I'm breast-feeding, as well. Breakfast, I'm finding, is the hardest meal to consistently remember to eat. After all, I do have two big kids to get ready and get on the bus, and out the door, and then moments after they leave (usually) the little one starts his fussing. I need something quick, but that doesn't sacrifice taste, and is still worth some sort of nutritional value.

QSBB 3D Carton Cinn Pecan.jpg (2 documents, 2 total pages)

I've recently been introduced to the a new breakfast snack by Quaker called the Quaker Soft Baked Bar. This new snack bar  is made with real fruits and nuts that you can eat on-the-go OR warm up in the microwave for a real bakery experience. This great snack can get you through until your next meal and comes in two delicious flavors-  Cinnamon Pecan Bread and Banana Nut Bread. Holy Yum!

These treats aren't just tasty, but are packed with 140 calories, 5g of Fiber, 6g of Protein, and they are an excellent source of 5 B-Vitamins! I am so eager to try the Cinnamon Pecan Bread Quaker Soft Baked Bar warm, that I asked my husband to see if he could find it for me on his way home from his side job today. He's excited that I'm requesting a more wholesome food choice, so he promised me he'd look.

QSBB Yum Image high res.jpg Look at the yumminess on this bar- it's not your typical granola or breakfast bar, is it?? I'm sure both of the flavors are delicious, and I can't wait to try them both.

My kids don't typically like breakfast bars of any sort, but I could see them trying to take either of these bars.. especially the Banana Nut Bread one, as they usually inhale my homemade bread when I make it through the year.

Have you seen these breakfast bars in your local supermarket? Have you tried them? If so, what's your favorite flavor??

 

 

Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom