Monday, April 25, 2011

What did you do with your Tax Refund??

So I was talking to a couple of moms under the gazebo this morning about taxes, and what they were planning on using their refunds for, or what they already used their refund on, and was amazed to hear that there were a handful of ladies that hadn't even submitted their taxes yet.

We usually get a decent sized refund, and this year we put it to good use getting some new things for the new house. Beds (and mattresses) for the kids, a new TV, and linens, mostly, but it looks fabulous now. Pretty soon I will post some pictures, so you all know what I've been up to, (since you know I haven't been posting recently).

Anyway, back to the taxes.. While I was at the gazebo, several websites were thrown around but one of the most popular ones that the moms mentioned was TurboTax. We've used different sites through the years, and this year used another brand, but I took a moment to check it out.

Did you know that Turbo Tax is still offering free online e-file? Plus, their platform looks super easy to use, especially for a stay-at-home mom, whose specialty is baking and carpooling. (Ok, that totally sounded like I slammed myself, but let's face it- math was NOT my strong subject in school!) If you need to file an irs extension form 2009, they have all the tools you need to do it there.

So thankfully we got ours done a while ago, and we still have a little left over from our refund, but I have a feeling we will be using whatever is left to balance out the chemicals in the pool.

If you got a refund this year, what are you planning on spending it on? What did you spend it on already? Did you do your taxes yourself using an online program? If so which one?

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom