Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When is enough, enough?

You read everywhere that moms are usually on the go-go-go. From grocery shopping, to driving the kids back and forth to school, to the cleaners, to the pharmacy and back again, "on the go" moms appear to be super-mom's that all of the 'other' moms aspire to be like.

But what's the story behind them? Who are they really? What is their go-go-go mentality hiding?

As a mom of two, ages 8 & 5, I find myself "on the go" a lot, but not nearly as much as many of my friends. Both of the kids are in baseball/tee-ball this season, I'm the PTA secretary and always at an event, meeting, or trying to organize a future event, plus this season I'm running the carpool. Not to mention the "normal" responsibilities of laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc. In the middle of all of that, we've "officially" started the move, but are in limbo between two houses right now, redesigned our review and receiving department, and are thinking of taking on another mom to help out part time since Marissa has been concentrating on graduating with Honors this semester. Yeah, life is hectic.

For me, I run because I hate the chaos of it all. I'm afraid that if I stay still long enough the stress will get to me and I will utterly collapse. That being said, I do try to unwind a little over the weekend, because otherwise I'm a bitch on wheels, and that's not fair to the husband or the kids.

What really gets me is that at the end of the day, my husband still asks, "So, what did you get done today?", and I still have no answer for him. Yes, I did some laundry, but it's still in the dryer, the food is cooked and eaten, and the kids are in one piece, fed, watered, clothed and in bed, but I still have no idea what I did, aside from racing around in the figure 8 that is my world right now.

So my question to you is: Are you a mom that's on the run? Why do you keep yourself on the go? If you stopped, what would you find? For the "seasoned" parents reading this, how do you successfully balance everything?






1 comments:

Zsara Louise April 15, 2011  

i love your blog! hope you can come and visit my blog sometime; or enter my giveaway.  have a good weekend, zsara xo

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom