Monday, September 5, 2011

The Joy of Being a Mom

There are many joys of being a mom, but this weekend I got to delight in one of the most wonderous joys.

We spent one night of our three day weekend in the ER. Why, you ask?? Because for the first time in about 6 months my mom actually agreed to watch the kids overnight for the hubster and I. It was inevitable that the forces that be would not allow a full day for the kids to enjoy grandma's- (usually we're called at 9:30 in the morning and asked when we're going to come and get them, every.hour.on.the.hour until we pick them up). Friday night we actually had it planned that Bri and I were going to get some stuff- that we've been trying to get done for six months or so- and then we'd go back to my mom's for dinner. Awesome.

Because we were sans kids, the man-of-the-house asked if I wanted to host ladies night at our place, so the girls came over for some mozzarella bites, brownies, cocktails, and Rock Band. For the first Ladies Night in forever, I didn't have a sip of alcohol. The girls and I rocked on, Bri relaxed on the computer with nobody interrupting him, and then he headed to bed early. At 2:15am, the phone rang.

After listening to my daughter scream in the background, I kicked the girls out, and made record time to my mom's house. Apparently three times (11pm, 12am, and then 2) Miss Tish woke up holding her head, screaming that it hurt. Louder, and louder, and more inconsolable each time. She scared the crap out of my mom.

I called the after hours pediatrician, and they told me that unless she has a fever or throws up, we should just follow up with the pediatrician on Tuesday. BUT if either of those symptoms should rear their ugly heads, to fly to the ER.

Within ten minutes, she woke up and got sick everywhere! She felt a little warm, so I threw her in the car and took her to the ER.

She got to snuggle with me at the ER, then was able to eat a popsicle. And finally, she was able to keep some motrin down. They have no idea what she "had", and advised that I follow up with my doc, and ask him if he would recommend an MRI for her, since she's been complaining about her head hurting a lot lately.

I personally feel that it has to do with her allergies, but I have no idea. I'm just at my wits end. We left the ER about 5:30am, and I watched her sleep for about an hour before I crashed on the couch at my moms house.

The next day, Tish was bouncing around like a rubber ball- you'd never know she wasn't feeling well the night before.

Mom, on the other hand, could barely move. Sunday, Mom spent the day in bed doped up on allergy medicine and downing gatorade. It was not a pretty weekend.



e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom