Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day

Aside from watching Charlie Brown, our Valentine's Day is just another day. We don't really do anything "special". I mean, I get the dollar fifty hearts with chocolates from Walgreens, and sometimes give the kids cards, but this year, I wasn't feeling it.

I've been sick with an ear infection. 102* fever, and all. Who gets ear infections at over 30 years old?! Me.

Yesterday my hubby took the girl child to a Father/Daughter sweetheart dance at a community Rec Center. They had a blast, until "Whip and Nae Nae" came on.. and my husband said, "Whip? A-No-No."  They decided then would be a great time to go get a snack. They took pictures with Belle, and spun and danced the afternoon away. When they came home, I asked the big boy child, (who's almost the size of man, by the way) if he'd be my valentine and go out on a date with me, despite the fact that I was hopped up on Dayquil & Sudafed. We went to go see 'The Good Dinosaur'. Such a cute coming of age type movie- definitely scarier for little ones, great for the 7 and up group. I digress. We had a lovely evening, and he asked me to be HIS valentine with the other chocolate heart I bought. It was perfectly perfect. Maybe I'm doing something right with him, after all.

My daughter is my artsy one.. she made breakfast in bed for the hubster and I. Scrambled eggs, with a smiley face of ketchup on and around the eggs. So cute. She also made us a card in her crochet club, it was perfect!


I feel like maybe we're doing something right with this one, too. My little guy went Pee-Pee on the potty, so at this rate he WON'T be getting married in diapers, so I guess I'm doing okay with him, too!!

Well, I wish you and yours a happy Sunday-which-also-happens-to-be-Valentine's-Day. Go be with the ones you love, and tell them you love and appreciate them not only today, but every day of the year. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.. so enjoy TODAY while you can!

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom