Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year

As I sit here flipping between Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest and the other stations, I have come to the realization- I am really an "old married woman"!  I had to make the kids cover their eyes during several performances and even a few commercials.




But seriously.. I'm a native New Yorker, and so grateful I'm in the comfort of my own pajamas ..house, yelling at the kids ..enjoying snacks with the kids, and not in Times Square wearing a diaper. (Did you see the chick who admitted that on national television?!)



New year's eve is special to me, because that's the day I met my husband. Both of us weren't supposed to be at this party, but magically, we were. As fate would have it, we married 3 years later and had 3 amazing, but occasionally obnoxious, children.

Three seems to be a good number for me, huh?

Anyway.

2015 started out okay.. we went on a great impromptu vacation to Tennessee and stayed at this adorable little cabin near Gatlinburg. Then, after the kids finished with school, we went to New York for 3 weeks to visit with our family and celebrate my cousin's wedding. Little did I know that that would be the last time I got to see two very special people in my life. Less than two months after we got back, my great Aunt Lu and my best friend Kristy passed away just days apart.

My world changed again. I spiraled into a deep depression, and didn't want to bother with anything for quite awhile. There are still days where I just "don't wanna." I do it though, because of those three kids up there. They really are quite incredible. They've given me some of the best memories of 2015.

So as I sit here with under 9 minutes until the ball drops over New York City, I listen to my loves toot their noisemakers, and jingle their pots and pans, and wish you and your family and friends the happiest and most blessed years ever!


Good riddance, 2015.. Welcome 2016! Happy New Year!!

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom