Friday, December 18, 2015

Mom Fail- Pre - holiday Edition

With the hustle and bustle of the upcoming holiday, plus holiday break, I forgot today was Friday.

Well, not really, because I thought today was Thursday.

Would have sworn to it, last night and this morning.

Until this morning when my daughter said, "What did we get my teacher for Christmas, Mommy? Oh, and I was supposed to bring in a snack for our Polar Express party."

"Okay, love, mommy will figure something out today, and you can bring it to school tomorrow."

*Giggles* "Mommy, tomorrow is Saturday!!"

What?!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggh. I start running through the pinterest ideas that have been shared by all of my overachieving-mom-of one friends, and realize there's no way in high he'll I can even compete and start weighing out the other options my teacher and other friends recommended in a Facebook post from earlier this week.

So, dressed in sweats and a tee shirt (it's the last day to clean before the kids are off for 2 weeks, and I have out of state company coming tomorrow!) I bring her to the bus stop, and as soon as her bus drove away I went and waited at Applebee's for them to open, then went to Dunkin and got munchkins. As I dropped the miscellaneous munchkins off with the office, I prayed that they actually made it to my daughter's class.. As I buckled my little guy back into his car seat, he reached up and grabbed my head band off of my head.

As I watched the two snowmen on springs waggle in my son's grasp, I can only hope that this is what she remembers, not the grinch mama who almost forgot 4th grade Christmas.




0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom