Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice Review

My children are usually very good when it comes to eating new foods. Unfortunately, they hate the way whole grain pasta tastes, and the texture of brown rice, so we find ourselves eating white bread, white pasta, and white rice all of the time. 

We've found a great solution for healthier pasta, but have found good alternatives for bread or rice until now. Thanks to Mom Central, our family has had the opportunity to try the new Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice.

Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice has the look and taste of traditional white rice, but the benefits of whole grains. The USDA reccommends serving your school aged child 6 ounces of grain every day (at least half should be whole grains).

The kids and husband had no idea that when I made my grandmother's arroz con pollo (chicken and rice) that it was made with Whole Grain white rice as opposed to traditional white rice. It made me happy because I was able to boost their meal with fiber, 4 grams of protein, and increased their overall daily intake of whole grains. The rice iteself is great consistency, and holds flavor really well.

Since the initial trial, I have made more rice as a side, and again- nobody knew the difference. My husband guessed that it was the "new" rice, but I think it's only because I was asking a lot of questions about it.

Uncle Ben's and Mom Central asked us to give out a few samples and some Uncle Ben's aprons, so during our Shrek party, we had a contest for the mom's to win some great prizes. Among two of the prize packs, Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice and aprons were included. The feedback that I received from our guests was just as great as mine. Both families told me that their children ate it up, and did not complain about texture or taste. Both moms agreed that the boost of protein, whole grains and low fat were very impressive.

Don't take my word for it, check out the new Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice available at a grocery store near you. Click HERE to print out a coupon for $0.75 off of any 2 Uncle Ben's products.






“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Uncle Ben’s and received samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate." All opinions are strictly mine. My opinion has not been influenced by this campaign. Your opinion may vary.

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom