Friday, August 20, 2010

Updates and New Winners Announced!

WOO! Back to school is in full force at both 4BabyAndMom households. Both sets of kids are loving their new teachers, and getting along great with their friends. We are officially the moms of a 5th grader, two second graders, and full-time pre-schooler!!

I didn't cry as much as I thought I would, but this week has still been rather emotional, and definitely an adjustment for all of us. My "baby" is in pre-K now, and loves it.. although, she's not too fond of "rest time". Other than that, she's happy and excited every day to see her friends and her teachers.

If you keep up with me on social media sites, you may have caught wind that I've transferred my son for the third time in three years, only a week and a half before school started. Yes, some of you may think I'm crazy for doing so, but I will continue to fight for the right my child has to receive and education he deserves. An education he yearns and thirsts for and was not receiving at the previous school he was attending.

Life as a mom of a gifted child is a lot tougher than "the world" could imagine. It's so hard to really put into words... With the risk of sounding arrogant, it's just as difficult as working with the special needs children I taught years ago. It has very similar obstacles and challenges, but is just as rewarding and fulfilling to see your childs needs being met to the very fullest of their capacity. It's definitely a journey and an experience that I did not sign up for, but am trying to embrace as best as I can. I am learning and growing as a parent with every bump and curve the situation throws at me. I thank you all for the support and encouragement that you've given me through all of these tough times. I can only hope and pray that this new school, new staff, new admin, and new experience gives him everything he could ever hope for and more.

Marissa is getting ready to head back to school herself- classes start on Tuesday! She's eager to have the new semester begin, and today gave me a tour of the campus, as I will be returning back to college in December. We've prepared a bunch of fun reviews and giveaways for the last ten days of the Back to School Bash, and truly hope you have been enjoying our celebration.

Be sure to check the links on our sidebar for our current giveaways and recently ended giveaways. Winners have been announced, and will be contacted this week. If you happen to see your name on the post or winners page, please feel free to contact us first!

Thank you all for participating, as none of this could be possible without you- our readers, fans and followers!

For those of you that have children that have recently started school, or will be starting school soon, we wish you all a very happy, healthy, safe and successful school year!

Wishing You All Of Our Best,

Lauren & Marissa






0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom