Monday, November 22, 2010

Some Blues that won't get you down . . .

I feel that I must come clean--I am a music junkie. Seriously. I am addicted to music; all of it. The list of music I can't listen to isn't a list so much as a statement including one genre--pointless rap. This doesn't include all rap either, just the stuff that really has no meaning or point. Point being, I am a pretty eclectic person when it comes to ear candy. Which is why I was sooooo excited to receive the opportunity to review Norah Jones' new album: . . .Featuring Norah Jones.




First off, if you've never heard her, Norah is incredible. I dare you to listen to her album Come Away With Me and not reach the same conclusion. She has an amazingly rich bluesy voice, which she mixes with a jazz/bluegrass musical vibe. Listening to her makes me want to veg out on the couch with a glass of wine and just get lost in the sound. (Which is saying a lot, because I don't even like wine!) She just has a great sound to unwind and relax too.

Her newest album hit stores in November, and it is crazy awesome! This album is a collaboration with musical geniuses from all genres. Like Rock?? The second track is the Foo Fighters (my all time favorite!!!) and Norah. Like Country?? Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson both have tracks with her as well. For those of you who like hip hop, Q-Tip and Outkast also make appearances. The list continues with many other spectacular voices, including Ray Charles!

With so many voices "featured" on the album, I wasn't sure what to expect. But this album is pure Norah, and fan of hers will undoubtedly be delighted with the sound. The first song, titled "Love Me" is an awesome throwback that instantly made me think of Patsy Cline; the moment I heard it I knew it was going to be good!

So, if you love Norah, or know someone who would appreciate some great blues tunes--stuff a stocking with this album. It's sure to please and won't break the bank either! :)



This album was provided to me at no cost by the One2One Network in order to facilitate my candid review.We were entered to win a gift card through One2One network for participating. As always, what you have read is our opinion, and your opinion may differ.

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom