Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How was your 2011? What are YOU grateful for?

I will not lie. This year was atrocious.

Between the move in April, Alex's possibly incorrect diagnosis of Asperger's in June, Bri's promotion, two cancer scares for me, a death in our family, another school, an unexpected pregnancy, the car being impounded [because of something stupid], and Bri being laid off- my mantra this year has been: put a fork in me, I'm done!

At the doctor's office today, I came to the realization that although this year was the most difficult for us, it made us closer as a family unit.

I am so grateful for the things that I've been blessed with... my kids are beautiful, happy, healthy, and whole. My husband is faithful, honest, hard-working, and loving. My friends are supportive, encouraging, and love me for me. My mother has come through in ways this year that I never expected, but was incredibly blessed by. I am extremely grateful.

Yes, although atrocious, this year has proven my aunt's favorite advice, "This too, shall pass, Lauren. It always does." And my mother's, "They say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. You are very strong."

Ain't that the truth.

Soooo...... I wanna know-
What are you thankful for this holiday season??



1 comments:

clenna November 30, 2011  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom