Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moon Dough new formula= tons of fun and LESS MESS!! *Review*


One of our very first posts was about the fun times (read: it was a "Mischievous Monday" post) Moon Sand brought to our family. Abbie had had a Barnyard play set of Moon Dough and the dough would get stuck in the molds, and crumble so easily.

This was right after it came out, and I believe I said I would never welcome ether product back into our house again. Back then, it was the truth, and it was banned from our house completely.

Our friends at TeamMom sent us an email asking if we'd be interested in trying the new formula of Moon Dough. I literally laughed out loud because I had said I would never allow it back into the house, and I honestly thought I would like it as much as I enjoyed the Moon Sand in this post

So the email I got says that the new formula is less crumbly and never dries out. It's odor free, and has a better consistency for molding figures, and for creativity. So we signed up to try out the Moon Dough Push N’ Pop Ocean Pals set or Breakfast set.

We received the Ocean Pals set pictured above, and the kids were ecstatic! They couldn't wait to get their hands on it. I, on the other hand, was quite apprehensive. After setting up a sheet under the dining room table, and getting the dust buster and the vacuum ready, I told the kids they could play with it.


They started playing with the dough, and right away they said they LOVED it! It was squishy, I even tried it myself. It wasn't sandy like the Moon Sand, or as coarse as the original Moon Dough. The sea creatures molded nicely in the Push N' Pop molds, and came OFF of the molds super quick- no pulling, prying or crumbly  mess like the old barn playset.

It really wasn't much more of a mess than playing with other molding clays, home made or store  bought, but it was definitely different- light and fluffy, and for two texture orientated kids, they really enjoyed playing with it! I can't believe I'm going to say this, but.....

If you're looking for an alternative for your typical rainy day activities, definitely check out the new Moon Dough products. My kids loved it, and I'm sure yours will too!!

Special thanks to our friends at TeamMom, who allowed us to give this product another spin, and introduced us to a new favorite.



0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom