Sunday, November 27, 2011

I never knew I was pregnant- Who's Expecting Now?

You read in tabloids or see the show on TV how people go to the ER with weird pains and find out their pregnant, or in labor, and had no idea. As a mom, I laugh and roll my eyes wondering how you could not know you were pregnant for nine months.

I found out I was pregnant with my son when I was 10 weeks pregnant. I had no real signs or symptoms, in fact, I was on birth control, and was waiting for my 6 week period to stop so I could start my next pack. We tried to conceive our daughter, and succeeded. I was sick from before it was time for me to take an at home test and knew that I knew that I was pregnant.

If you follow us on Facebook, you may have seen that I've been very sick the last year. I had two cancer scares, breast and uterine, and I've been trying to figure out 'what's the matter' for most of this year. I borrowed a glucose monitor because I was sleeping a ton, and urinating a ton more than normal. I took a test about two weeks ago, and sure enough- I found out I am expecting our third!!


"A shock" is not even the phrase to describe my feelings on the topic. The worst part was I had no idea how far along I was. I kept thinking of that show... and I started to freak out. I knew that the last time Dear Aunt Flo decided to rear her ugly head it was July, so I knew I wasn't going to be in labor anytime soon, but other than that, I had no idea how far along I was.

Long story a lot shorter- the last two weeks I have been undergoing a ton of bloodwork, multiple sonograms, and they have decided that I'm due somewhere between May 12 and 19th. I will be having another cesarian, so when I get that date, I will likely post it on Facebook. I have a feeling we will be reviewing a bunch of baby stuff, as the last time I did this was 6 years ago- and man, there's a ton of new baby stuff that's so exciting, I have no words! I'm a little nervous about having three kids, I'll be honest, but both Bri and I are very excited,  now that the shock is wearing off, and the kids can't wait, too.

With Thanksgiving over, and the holidays quickly approaching, I wanted to also give you a heads up that our holiday giveaways will be starting very soon! We have everything from Target Gift Cards to some of Spin Master's HOTTEST toys, to Shutterfly Holiday cards. I can't wait to share it all with you!!  Get ready, tell your friends, and bare with my weird pregnancy stories and pickle cravings. Happy Holidays, 4BabyAndMom readers!!



4 comments:

Anonymous,  November 28, 2011  

Congratulations!! I had to chuckle a little bit at the irony - but what a blessing!

Anonymous,  November 28, 2011  

p.s. My 3rd was 12 years apart, so don't worry - I can honestly assure you that you it all comes back (plus you get to feel like a first time mommy with all the wonder and awe again!). :D

Lauren December 05, 2011  

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom! :)

tree December 06, 2011  

Wow! Congratulations!!!

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom