Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This is me, and where I want to go.. and where I've come from.

In High School, a mere 10 years ago, I thought I was fat. I couldn't stand the way my arms jiggled, and when I sat, my stomach had a "roll". Now, I often joke that I have more rolls than our local bakery- but that's besides the point.

As a teen, I was very over-critical, and promised myself I would never allow myself to get over a certain amount of weight.. after marriage, two kids, (and a ton of bedrest because of the aforementioned children), I watched the numbers on the scale tick forward, and not stop. The lack of motivation, lack of will, sheer laziness and procrastination- not to mention total denial that I had actually gained as much as I did- kept me from putting the right foot in front of the other.

I know that I will never look as I did in High School- nor do I want to, because at almost 6 feet tall I honestly think I was a little too skinny, looking back. My goals now are different than they were a year ago, five years ago, even a decade ago. I want to be able to run again- as I used to recreationally- I want to feel good about myself when I look into my mirror, I want my husband and my kids to be proud of me. I want my words to be taken with the matured authority and respect that I deserve, and I want to be able to have the confidence to put my ideas into motion, to create, and influence those around me for the better.

My actual weight loss goal is a hefty one- in total, I'd like to lose over 100lbs; for now- I'm giving myself a more attainable goal of 50lbs, and to look stunning in the bridesmaid dress I will be wearing in August.I have a great support group "IRL" (in real life) and online, and cannot wait to share this journey with you all.

A lot of you asked whether or not I would be posting my actual weight, and how it would affect my site as a representative of "who I am" to my clients, and for my business. Frankly, I would hope that my sponsors, partners, clients, and peers know me well enough to know that this public journey is keeping me accountable, will improve my individual moral, and the health benefits of turning my life around will allow me to continue my business for many more years to come.

There was a point in time where I would have been too embarrassed by the giant number that I would have never posted it.. but as I will never EVER see this number again, I will admit to you all that I officially weighed in at the gym at a whopping 314.8 pounds.

 This is a current full body shot of me, just after I got back from the gym. This is the first full body shot that I've allowed online in a very, very long time.

I am so excited about turning my life around, and getting "myself" back.. The drive, the energy, the confidence. Anyone that knew me in high school would have told you that I carried myself with great confidence, and that is what I miss the most.

So join me in saying good-bye to the old, overweight me, and feel free to email, tweet, or comment on any (non-giveaway) post asking me what I did at the gym, if I went today, if I stayed within my points for the day, etc. I need your online support and encouragement as much as I need my real life support system.

Feel free to visit *MY* other teammates, as well as the MckLinky post to get to know all of the BLOG YOUR WEIGHT AWAY competitors.

With much thanks for your support,










Show your support to the rest of The Blue Team:
Brandy from HappilyBlended.com
Our Goal weight loss as a team: 170

16 comments:

Anonymous,  January 20, 2010  

We can do this!!! You go girl!!!

((HUGS)) Happy to be a part of your team!

Paula January 20, 2010  

You can do it Lauren!!

Heather January 20, 2010  

Good luck!

Mama Voss January 21, 2010  

Hi! Just found your blog for the first time and I wanted to shout, YEAH for YOU! I'm currently struggling to get into shape. I don't need to look like a model, but I need to be healthy and set good examples for my darling kids. Good luck!

Anonymous,  January 21, 2010  

I know that each team will succeed in our weight loss journey together! You can do this Lauren. Good luck to all the teams.
-MaryAnn (Team Red)

Anabelle January 21, 2010  

You can do it! I wanted to join with a team but I missed the sign up date.

Either way, i've lost 40 pounds since this fall.. It all started with a free online running program called the couch to 5k.. which basically takes you from the couch to running 3 miles in 9 weeks.. and it worked! I ran a couple of
5k races this summer and fall and even trained for a 10k but missed it do to a minor foot injury.
I've got another 80 lbs to go but I'm in amazing shape! I work out still 4-5 days a week on my elliptical and i haven't drastically changed my eating habits. I'm simply eating healthier and getting my rear end moving.
By this fall my goal is to run a half marathon and keep on dropping the pounds!

I know you can do it! and I'm proud of you for making such a great life choice!

Colleen January 21, 2010  

With the committment you are putting in, you will succeed!!!! Making smaller goals is definitly the way to go..I have been doing this for a year now and that is what I did...and some of those I didnt make during the time period I wanted, but I didnt give up...and we wont let you either. Thanks for hosting this, as having this accountability really really helps!

Stef plus 3 January 21, 2010  

You can do it!! You seem to have a solid plan in place and that makes a huge difference!!!

Stef

Kelly Braund January 21, 2010  

Woo Hoo! Good for you & I wish you all the best of luck!

Mamawj's Moment Away January 21, 2010  

as i just stated to the blog owner of I Thode You So who is on the same journey as you wishing her well I wish you the same best of luck, i too am in the same boat and know how you feel, so good luck

Reiza January 21, 2010  

Way to go sharing your photo and your weight. I know that was difficult. I think it's a huge step on this great journey forward.

This member of the green team is cheering for you. :)

lfhpueblo January 21, 2010  

I think it's great that you have the motivation now and the reasons why you want to start losing the weight. I know you can obtain your goals.

Krissi January 22, 2010  

That's great! Good for you! I wish you all the best! You go girl!! ;-)

I will also be doing a major weight loss soon...2010 will be our year!

Stefany January 23, 2010  

Best of luck to you! I know you can do it. :)

from Team Purple...

Stacey @ Say Something Stacey January 23, 2010  

You can do it!

Vicki @ DottyJane January 25, 2010  

Yay for you and good luck! I'm trying to lose 20 so I'll follow along to see your progress and cheer you on.

Vicki

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom