Saturday, January 10, 2009

Goodness Gracious!

I apologize for neglecting my blog this week, HUGE changes have occurred in my household since Monday.

Have no fear, the children are all doing well, in fact, all three of them are. My husband and I are now officially the legal temporary guardians of a beautiful baby girl. Without getting into specifics (legally I am not sure what I am allowed to disclose or not) the baby was either going to be placed into foster care, or we were going to keep her awhile. The judge chose us.

She's adorable- born premature at 27.5 weeks and 1lb 15oz. She's a miracle baby, for sure! She was able to breathe on her own within 24 hours, her lungs are still doing great. She had to receive blood on a couple of instances, but I am unsure of all of those details. She eats like a champ, and so far, so good. She was released today at 4lbs, 13oz- HALF the weight of Alex when he was born! She's such a peanut, I don't even know where to begin! I was given an infant CPR course before I left the hospital today with her, and a short video on preemies. Did I mention, she's HALF the size of Alex when he was born?!

I need you, my readers to give me some advice now. For those of you that had preemies, what was the one thing you wish someone told you? What is "different" with a preemie vs. a full term baby? (Aside from the obvious, weight, immune system, etc). For those of you that didn't have teeny babies, what was the one baby product you couldn't live without??

Normal blog posts will resume on Monday. I apologize again for any inconvenience. Remember to mark your calendar, because the FABULOUS FEBRUARY FIESTA IS COMING SOON!

This week, be sure to look for our Giggle Bug Boutique review and Bugaboo Shoes giveaway!! Trust me, it's totally worth it, and subscribers get bonus entries! Hurry, tell your friends! ;o)

6 comments:

Esther Ruth January 10, 2009  

Well, as you know, I had two preemies. Honestly I cannot remember much that stood out as being different from any other newborn, except that I felt they slept more at the beginning! It seemed they were ALWAYS sleeping! If I think of anything, though, I'll let ya know:)

Honestly, I miss holding her already. She is so adorable...so tiny...so helpless...reminded me of how much I LOVE little babies!!!

Unknown January 12, 2009  

I had a feeling that was you. I'm not sure why but I thought of you right away. Call me if you need to talk.

Erin Tales January 13, 2009  

I wish you the best with your new little girl to care for!

Jenny January 14, 2009  

I think my babies were that size when I was six months pregnant! Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do with such a little thing. Mine were all nine and ten pounders! How great that your family was there for her!
~Jenny~

Lauren January 15, 2009  

Thanks for the support, Ladies!!

Jenny, Alex was 10lbs, 5 oz, 22.5 inches at birth.. 23 1/4 when we left three days later! LOL!! Abbie was 8lbs, 15oz, and 18in. This baby is seriously half their size. It's wild!! :o)

Mommy January 15, 2009  

Hey Lauren! I didn't know you had a blog! Congratulations on your new little girl :) Such a sweetie she is. :)

Esther told me, but she did it in a way, that made my eyes pop out in shock. She said, "Yeah, you know, Laren has a new baby! She has been pregnant all this time, and didn't know!"

ACK!! I was believing her too. I am soo gulliable! ;-)

Well, I am adding your blog to my list. :)

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom