Sunday, July 26, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I am Excited to Stay Home with My Family this Coming Weekend

All this week the buzz was all about the BlogHer '09 Conference in Chicago this weekend. I was close to going, but before I knew it, the tickets sold out. In the long run, things always happen for a reason and despite the fact that 1400 bloggers from across the country are up late playing board games, I am happy to be at home writing this post. Here's why...

Cozi is sponsoring 15 lucky bloggers with $100!- (this would be perfect to add to my IzeaFest '09 fund!!) The rules are the 15 blogs that have the most comments on their post wins, so I need your help!
10. I had no idea what Cozi was until this contest, so after church tomorrow, I'm going to set up my family calendar and check out all the great features on their site- I can't wait!!

9. My husband ended up working two Saturdays in a row. One or two worknights is ok for the kids to camp at Grandma's, but the whole weekend... during the summer? Grandma would need to take a vacation!

8. This week/weekend/up coming week there were 4 birthdays in my family. There is no way my kids and I could do our classic Jackson-family style singing (we wish!) on three way- it's just not the same!

7. Back to school shopping- yeah, I totally hit up the sales today. I got pencils for 5 cents a package. Woot, woot! Tomorrow, I'm going for folders and backpacks!

6. They might be driving me crazy, and the "vacation" would be nice.. but the kids are only little once.. and it's the summer time, so it's not like they have school to keep them busy.

5. We have the luxary of living right by the water. This weekend we took the kids to the park on the water and watched the sunset. You can't do that in Chicago.

4. Our head gasket just blew in my Jeep, it was nice knowing that extra money was still in our account, and we didn't have to wait to have it fixed.

3. I was able to catch up on a ton of work this week. I emptied my email box, posted 5 giveaways, and caught up on tweets. Now if I could only remember to sign onto Twitter on Fridays for Follow Friday!

2. The UPS and Fed-Ex Man would have missed my smiling face. :o) ..No, not smilie face!

1. Did I mention my family?? Despite all the rough patches with the kids- or hubby- not listening, they truly are my world. I love them more and more each day.

So there you have it. They may not be fancy, but they're my reasons. Do I still have BlogHer envy? Nah. Like I said, I fully believe that everything happens for a reason. If I went, I wouldn't be able to enter this contest, now would I?

Remember to leave a comment, so I have a shot at winning! Some of the other contestants have had their posts up for days!!! Tell me what you did this weekend, wish me luck, whatever you'd like to share!

15 comments:

Juanita July 26, 2009  

Cool blog! Show some love to an SL sisters page.

Abigail July 26, 2009  

don't you love cleaning our your email inbox?? so refreshing!

good luck!

Anonymous,  July 26, 2009  

I like #5 the best. That would be so cool to live near the water!
Have a great weekend. Goodluck!

Mommy22boys July 26, 2009  

You rock! I love all of your reasons. Especially about the UPS man.

Unknown July 26, 2009  

Yes everything does happen for a reason Lauren, ooo ahhh cozi!

Hugs,
Antoinette
www.threepeasco.com

Lesley Bryce July 26, 2009  

Awesome!! Good Luck!!

Cheers!
Lesley
wwww.lesleybryce.com

Sarah July 26, 2009  

Sounds like you've got plenty to keep you busy right there at home. Hope you have a great weekend and good luck with the contest!

If you have a moment, stop by and comment on my top 10. :)

Erin Tales July 26, 2009  

Glad B2School shopping rocked!

Vicki,  July 26, 2009  

More than happy to help SL sister, this is the least I can to. Interesting blog, going to point some expectant moms in my church in your direction 4BabyAnd Mom! Thanks

Mommy July 26, 2009  

Good luck Lauren! We all could use a little extra cash these days. ♥

Cyndy July 26, 2009  

Lauren, Home is a wonderful place, Love your blog.
Keep on going.

Tiffany July 27, 2009  

LOL - I know what you mean about the Fed Ex and UPS man.

Good luck! I'd love if you'd come back and comment on mine.
http://www.babesandkidsreview.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-im-excited-to-stay-home-this-weekend/

the mamasphere July 28, 2009  

great reasons!!! great blog post!!!

Marianna July 28, 2009  

Great list! I was home too and while initially I was bummed about not going, I'm kind of glad I didn't But watch out NYC next year. ;)

Stef plus 3 July 28, 2009  

those sound like good reasons to me!!

Stef tms

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom