Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fresh Air Fund Still Needs Families...

While blog hopping tonight, I happened to stumble upon a request for volunteers for the FRESH AIR FUND in these following areas:
Connecticut
Delaware
Massachusetts
Maine
New HampshireFresh_air_fund
New Jersey
New York
Ontario
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Virginia
Vermont

I've heard of the Fresh Air Fund, when I lived on Long Island, but I never really *knew* what it was. Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has been giving inner-city children the joy of a summer vacation with volunteer host families and at Fund camps, creating unforgettable memories and fresh possibilities. After clicking around their site for several minutes, I realized that if I lived in an area where volunteers were still needed, I would have called immediately. But then, I realized that many of my readers come from the areas mentioned above, so I figured I would do the next best thing- and that's tell all of you! You have the opportunity to change a child's life forever!

If you are willing and able to volunteer, please call (800) 367-0003 or click here to fill out a host inquiry form. If you know anyone that might be interested in this program, please feel free to forward this to them.

0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom