Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday, Cookie Bear!

Today marks the day that my life changed forever. It no longer was about me.. it was about the 10lb, 5oz, 23 1/4 inch long little man that came into my life needing *me* for the rest of his life.

I don't care what the experts say, 6 is much harder than 5 was. Sure, 5 is the age that they start kindergarten and move from little boy to Elementary school kid.. but honestly- 6 is *that* age. The age where you look at your little boy and see that he really is an Elementary school kid.. how much he's grown, matured and developed. As he pranced into his class this morning with his Munchkins in tow, it made me remember when I was in Kindergarten, Munchkins in tow. How the years flew by, how life grows and changes.. It made me want to scoop him up and take him home and rock him like I used to six years ago, dreaming of all the wonderful things life had in store.

This morning he woke me up, with his big smile that's missing two teeth, and declared, "It's my birthday today, Mommy!"

Yes baby, it is- and I wish you the happiest of days!

{Edited to add:}
I just wanted to share with you all the best completion to the day I could have ever hoped for. We just sang Happy Birthday to Alexzander, and I happen to look up. The time says 7:39.. to which I make him wait the 40 extra seconds to blow out the candle at 7:40, his actual birth time! Needless to say, I ended up in tears again. LOL! 6 was definitely harder than I thought. Thank you all for the emails and comments of love and support!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  March 05, 2009  

(((big hugs))) to mama and Happy Birthday Alex! Enjoy your day!!

Unknown March 05, 2009  

Now I'm crying! lol

Lisa March 05, 2009  

That is so precious! Happy Birthday Alex.

Jenn March 05, 2009  

ok I'm not a crier and I have tears in my eyes! what a sweet sentiment Lauren. Happy Birthday to your little man and hugs to you.

Erin Tales March 05, 2009  

Dont make me cry!

:hugs:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom