Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy Week at 4BabyAndMom!

What a week!
Tonight has literally been the first time in about 8 days that I've truly been able to just have a moment to myself. This week we had some legal stuff hit the fan with NewBaby, and her biological parents and the "system". Unfortunately, I cannot get into what exactly went on, but know that she (and the whole situation) still needs tons of prayers, good thoughts, and all the well wishes you can spare.

This week my parents announced to the entire extended family that after 42 years of marriage, they've filed for divorce. My immediate family has known since January, and it's been quite the nut to swallow. We- Brian and I- are doing ok with it, but since it was announced my phone hasn't stopped ringing with relatives asking what the heck happened. My answer is the same for everyone, I have no idea. I have friends that went through their parents separating or divorcing, and they said after being married for so long, that one day they just didn't "know" that person anymore. Although it's hard for us now, I know it's going to get harder- especially for my kids. They absolutely worship the ground Grandma and Grandpa walk on, and when one is around they constantly ask where the other one is. Thankfully, I believe that they are young enough that even though it will affect them, that I don't believe it will cause extreme damage. I do believe that anything is possible and that God has the ability to heal all things that are broken, but you have to want to fix it. At this time, I do not believe either of my parents wish to fix it, and that saddens me.

This week I purchased my direct domain! I once owned 4BabyAndMom.com and ran a very small business making handmade items for both women and children. I am excited to re-open the direct domain very soon, with a new and exciting layout and look for 4BabyAndMom! It's a work in progress, and I am super excited to complete it and relaunch the site!

As you read in my last post, we also had guests stop by unexpectedly that added to the hustle and bustle this week. They will be leaving tomorrow and although we had a great visit, I am happy to have our home back to ourselves.

Today Alex scored his first goal at soccer! I am so proud of him, and will be posting the story and some pictures from practice and his first game tomorrow. He plays in an Upward league and earned the grey star this week and last week he earned the gold star. He's so excited to be a part of the team, and the goal today was really the cherry on top!

This week "someone" got a hold of scissors and gave Abbie a mullet-inspired hair cut, but thankfully her hair grows like a weed, and it's growing in quickly. I thought she had the chicken pox earlier this week, but it turns out she was attacked by some No-See-Um's. She enjoyed cheering for her brother in his big game today, and kicking around the soccer ball on the sidelines.

There are some great reviews and giveaways coming up this week, and one still currently running for the ladies to splurge on something for themselves at Sweet Boutique. Be sure to check it out, and tell your friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 22, 2009  

Nothing surprises us anymore when just all of a sudden, after all those years of togetherness, they call it "it's over". How sad to hear about your parents.

Tracey March 26, 2009  

I just found your blog. So sorry about the legal stuff with the birthmother and your parents divorce. I can't imagine how confusing that must be after being married for so so long. Anyway...your family is is my prayers. God Bless.

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom