Saturday, July 17, 2010

8 Year Hiatus- Thinking of Returning to College.

It's hard to believe it's been 8 years. I just emailed one of the local colleges to ask what I need to do to get the ball rolling to enroll again. I'm in a different state now, so I now need to contact my old college to get my transcripts.. but I am officially a nervous wreck.

Just wanted to share with you all.. I would love any comments from adults who returned to college after "life" happened to them. Is it normal for me to feel so nervous? My stomach is totally flip-flopping.

5 comments:

Jaina's Mom July 18, 2010  

I was apprehensive too about returning to college. I worked 15 years for a company and was let go due to the economy, so I went back to College last year and now only have one semester left! You will be fine, you would not believe the amount of Adults in College. I was afraid I would be the only one, I was so wrong. I am a single mom with a 3 year old daughter, it is not easy but fulfilling to be able to accomplish. I commend you for choosing to return to school! You will do great!

billie the girl July 18, 2010  

Oooh, yes, let us know how it goes. I've been thinking about doing this too but the cost makes me hesitant.

Darcie K. July 18, 2010  

I did this a couple of years ago and I, too, was a nervous wreck. It turns out that school is much more fun when you are older. I no longer cared about being a suck up because my goal was education, not making friends. The professors liked all that I could contribute due to my experience. The best part was when I had to study or do reading, I packed my daughter up and we headed to the pool. She got to play and I got to study...with the bonus of catching some sun!
Good luck!

Bao July 19, 2010  

I went back to school after an 8-yr hiatus, too!! I feel that I'm much more equipped for school this time around. Good luck to you!!!

Lauren July 19, 2010  

Thanks everyone for your advice and input! It really means a lot! :)

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom