Sunday, July 25, 2010

Walk Like You Have Somewhere to Go, by Lucille O'Neal *Review*

Walk_Like_You_Have_Somewhere_to_go_Lucille_Oneal
I don't want you to judge this book by its cover.. or by its author's name.

I will be honest, I was totally expecting this book to be a doozy, and not in a good way. I thought that this book would be about life as a parent of a professional athlete, instead of a story of an incredible woman, her struggles, her victories, her strengths and weaknesses.. and everything in between.


I don't even know where to begin reviewing this book because of how deeply it touched me and because of how many of the moments she described, I walked through myself. From deep longing to be loved, to love someone with their whole heart, to having a baby out of wedlock in a family that was devoted to their faith, to losing herself while taking care of everyone else- the story of Ms. O'Neal's life is an incredible read.

I didn't want to put it down, which for an autobiography, is an incredible feat. Ms. O'Neal's memories on paper came to life and flowed effortlessly from beginning to end. The details in this book are great, and really make it feel as if you are standing in the living room with her at 17, staring at the wallpaper and disapproving face of her grandmother when her pregnancy was discovered.

I found myself becoming hopeful and excited as new friendships and relations begin and  truly relate & empathize with the author at many moments throughout this book. It made me take a step back, and look into my relationship, into my job as a mother, and into my future. It was inspiring and motivating, and showed me that no matter what your age, you could do anything if you put your mind and your heart into it.

Walk Like You Have Somewhere To Go is an incredible journey into woman-hood, into finding yourself-no matter what your age, and into loving yourself completely. As the author describes, it's her journey from "Mental Welfare to Mental Weath", and it truly is.Watching the story come full circle gave the book a well rounded story line and sense of completion. I enjoyed this book very much, and would recommend it to others.

Simply put- If you are looking for a great motivational story to read this summer, head to your local bookstore or to Amazon and pick up WALK LIKE YOU HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO, by Lucille O'Neal.

I received this book from BookSneeze.com and was asked to provide my opinon on the selection. As always, this review is 100% that of 4BabyAndMom, and your experience or opinion my differ.



0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom