Friday, July 23, 2010

Grilled Sausage (or Brats) with Onion Relish

There are some summer nights that you might be looking for something quick, yet refreshing and filling all at the same time. Our family loves to grill a sausage or bratwurst and throw it on a bun in a pinch, so when I saw this recipe, I knew we'd probably like it. I took the recipe card for this from my local Publix Apron's booth; I usually try to put a spin on recipe's I take to make it my own, but I honestly wouldn't change a thing. It was delicious, and I knew that it would only be fair if I shared it with you! Keep on the lookout for the recipe to the super quick (and yummy!) dessert pictured here as well!

If  you make this meal, I would love to hear what you think. Enjoy!


Ingredients
  • 8 oz fresh pre-diced onions (1 1/2 cups)
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1 lb bratwurst or sausage
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • 4 Hoagie Rolls


Preheat grill (or grill pan). Combine onions, vinegar, water, brown sugar, and sage; bring to boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 15–20 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.

Place sausage on grill and cover; grill 15–20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until browned and 160°F.

Stir sour cream into onion mixture. Place sausage in rolls topped with onion relish; serve.




3 comments:

Steve @ Online Surveys July 25, 2010  

Looks like something we could cook out later this week.

Unknown August 09, 2010  

This looks easy and tasty! Have you ever thought of using shallots in your relish? I recently read an article on them and think they could be good to start experimenting with.
http://www.capturinghappiness.com/caramalized-shallot/

A. Smith August 16, 2010  

Sounds yummy! Great recipe for the summertime.

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom