Monday, September 6, 2010

NutraSea Kids Omega Supplement Review

If you spend anytime reading magazines or watching TV, you may have noticed a 'supplement movement'. No, it's nothing that has been officially recognized, I've recognized it, and jumped on that band wagon a long while ago.

From Fish Oil, to  SAM-e, and even vitamin B, we've been using supplements for about a year now. I can tell you that I have noticed a definite overall improvement, and can tell beyond a shadow of a doubt when I miss some supplements.

I am very lucky, as my kids aren't picky eaters, so they eat many green veggies, and enjoy a good fillet of fish, but the fact of the matter is, I would love to increase their exposure to omega 3's. Unfortunately, many fish oil products on the market have that "fishy" smell to it, and even if I tried to hide it in some balsamic vinaigrette, the kids smell it coming a mile away.

Recently, our family was introduced to NutraSea Kids and asked to review the product through Mom Central. I jumped at the opportunity to review this product, as it's packed with 560mg of Omega 3 (EPA+DHA).

DHA is one of the ingredients scientifically proven to be beneficial to early childhood development. In fact, if you used formula with your little one, you may even recognize this brain building nutrient. 

The product website mentions that it's used "for a healthy heart, improved mental function and healthy bones and teeth." It also says that it may improve brain and eye development in children and adolescents. It is recommended for kids ages 2-13, and obviously, if your child has any type of allergic reaction to seafood, be sure to check with your doctor before trying this product yourself.

The great berry flavor fooled my kids, and so far, so good. I haven't really noticed any type of dramatic difference in their "mental function", but I know that I feel good giving it to them. They don't complain about any 'fishy' taste or smell, and take it with their normal vitamins with ease.

If you are looking for a supplement for your child, I would definitely suggest giving NutraSea Kids a try. I found NutraSea Kids at my local Vitamin Shoppe, and at Amazon.com. It retails for about $15-18 a bottle online. Each bottle contains about 40 servings (1 tsp. daily).



“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of NutraSea Kids campaign and received NutraSea samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”


0 comments:

ShareThis

e319c3d269013d80a5a32ff474a7af14a7f982023eadae48bd
BlogMommas.com Powered By Ringsurf
Original Template created by: Ourblogtemplates.com Edited & Tweaked by Lauren from 4BabyAndMom